ANNANDALE & ESKDLAE ACTIVE SCHOOLS
The role of the local Active Schools & Community Sport Officer is to: -
- Increase the quality and range of opportunities, programmes and events offered through school and community sport
- Increase participation amongst under-represented groups across all sectors of the community including disadvantaged groups.
- Recruit, retain and develop a network of volunteers, coaches & sport leaders
- Develop a network of sustainable clubs and supporting pathways for coaches and athletes.
- Increase the number of young people engaging in volunteering as sport leaders and coaches in both school and community settings
- Develop school/club links and effective pathways between school and sport clubs to support the transition from school to community sport
The vision for Active Schools & Community Sport is to: -
- Increase participation in sports and physical activity in Dumfries and Galloway in order to improve health, communities and creating higher levels of performance
- Increase the number of children and young people participating in school and community sport
- Increased capacity through the recruitment, retention and development of a network of volunteers to deliver sport in schools and the wider community